Ronix Koal Surface Wakefoil Package - Intermediate / Advanced Hybrid 2024
Fluid 24” Mast | Link 3D 39cm Fuselage | Hybrid Carbon Balance 1300 Front Wing - Hybrid Carbon Navigator 240cm
The Ronix Koal Surface Wakefoil Package - Intermediate / Advanced Hybrid is the bridge between beginner and high-end foil offerings. Stay flying, stay consistent, stay fluid.
- FRONT WINGS 101 - Before we tell you about Ronix's Balance 1300 Wing, let’s understand the science behind Aspect Ratios and their two opposing styles. Here’s a look at how our feathered friends have evolved their wings and how Ronix mimics their world of aquatic flight.
- Longer Wingspan - Longer Wingspan with a narrower depth outline allows flight over long distances without as much flapping. - Basis of Speed
- Higher Aspect Ratio - As speed increases, wingspans expand, get narrower, flatter, and more streamlined at the end.
- Medium Wingspan - Medium wingspan with a deeper depth outline allows a soar with reliability, while the elliptical outline creates a quicker reacting turn. – Basis of Balance
- Fluid 24” Mast – A mast easy enough to learn deep water starts on – but tall enough to learn the basics of pumping.
- Link 3D Fuselage - A high grade machined aluminum fuselage is the perfect intersection between mast, front wing, and rear stabilizer.
- Balance 1300cm2 Front Wing - This is the foundation model, ideal size and construction for somebody new to foiling regardless of what size they are, or somebody experience that wants that blend of speed and lift.
- Navigator 240cm2 Rear Stabilizer - The voice of reason mounted on the back of your Link 3D fuselage.
- 0₂ INFUSION - Wings made by air. You can’t have the cleanest ride without having the cleanest technology. Front Wing & Rear Stabilizer Construction
- 3D Robotics - A high-grade corrosion resistant alloy is placed on a 3 axis CNC machine and milled for up to 2 hours for the perfect dimension. This workhorse 6061 heat treated aluminum has a higher strength then other alloy for increased wear and tear and a more solid connections between the different parts. Fuselage & Mast Top Plate Construction
- Hollow MFG. - A high-grade corrosion resistant alloy is pushed through a die to the desired cross section. This workhorse heat treated 6061 aluminum has a higher strength then other alloy for increased wear and tear and a more solid connections between the different parts. Fluid / Shift Mast Construction
- 727 Foil Board (4'1 or 4'8)
- Balance Front Wing - 13002 cm / 2012 in
- Navigator Rear Stabilizer – One Size Fits All 2402 cm / 372 in
- Link 3D Fuselage – One Size Fits All 39cm / 15 in.
- Fluid Mast 24 in / 61cm
Purchasing This Complete Foil Kit With Board - Every complete Ronix set up comes with all necessary hardware, protection sleeves, bags, etc.
▼ CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT THE BOARD
The Ronix Koal Surface Wakefoil board is 5 years in the making – a new style of foil boards setting the tone for styles, abilities, and varying weight ranges.
4 points - Ronix has been analyzing the most important needs in a proper foil board. Those would be deflection, buoyancy, tempo, and footwear.
- DEFLECTION - When you are wakesurfing you always want contact with the waterline. That gives you the control to create leverage and speed. As Ronix foiled more, they realized you don’t want any of those qualities in your board. In wakefoiling, your angle and quickness should be coming directly from your foil. The board’s job is to rebound off the water as quickly as possible allowing the mast to get back into the correct height again. We did this by creating a pronounced directional rockerline looking to aid the take off and rebound the landing. Then we added exaggerated bevels covering the profile of the board to help displace the water as quickly / smoothly as possible.
- BUOYANCY - Ronix found the best prototypes were the ones that would have medium rise when they were standing on them underwater. As boards got too thick it was difficult to do a deep-water start. Half the time we foil we start with the board underneath our feet in the water. If the board is too thin, you don’t have enough buoyancy which won’t create the feel we're looking for with the board as we were preparing to take off. Neutral buoyancy 2.0 for the flight variety is born.
- TEMPO - The lighter board – the quicker /easier the initiation of a turn is – but if the board feels too light it will want to initiate a turn before your body does. Or vice versa – if the board is delayed from your natural movement – in either of these scenarios you have the dreaded cross up. Finding the right tempo in the shape and construction was vital. Ronix shaped countless prototypes to figure out the balancing act of meeting buoyancy and swing weight needs – for a the right rhythm between rider and board.
- FOOTWEAR - Straps are included - those first couple times you ride - your boat driver will thank you for using them. It’s easier to get up with them while you learn to feel stable in a foiling body position.
A construction incorporating the core of Ronix's high-end Flyweight Pro series but wrapped in a bulletproof Surface Skin. In short, the lightweight feel of your favorite high-end surfer, the durability of your favorite wakeboard, and a skin that breaks up the water for less resistance.
- 10” track length with industry standard 3.5” width between tracks
- Foil Specific Design – all attributes of the rocker, bevel, profile, swing weight were designed specifically for foiling
- Koal Surface Construction – Made from Ronix's popular Koal Classic core and then wrapped in super tough Surface Skin.
- Blended EVA Traction Pad – A compound made from both foam and rubber with machined grooves for a softer feel and the best grip in foiling.
- Footwear – Adjustable foot straps are included
- Inserts – 3 stance options for both your front and rear foot.
- Handmade by Robots – Every 727 Foilboard is made from a machined core to the exact tolerance spec’d out.
- Lava Resin – Made from a high temp resin to withstand extreme heat.
Length available in 4’1 or 4’8. Volume available in 14.8 or 19.8 Liters.
There isn’t a very direct coloration between board size and rider size. There are people 230 lbs. preferring the 4’1 and other people 175 lbs. preferring the 4’8. Since there isn’t much contact between the board and the water determining the board push and drive the way that there is on a wakesurf board – instead size is determined by ability and style.
Benefits of a 4’1 length
- Greater overall response
- Easier cutbacks
- More power in your pumping
Benefits of a 4’8 length.
- Easier deep water starts – if you are new to foiling you in addition to a shorter mast and a balance front wing this 4’8 length will help with your learning curve to foiling
- More control, stability, and comfort in rougher water conditions
|INTERMEDIATE WEIGHT RANGE
|ADVANCED WEIGHT RANGE
|4'1"||14.8||2.3"||.3"||20.8"||UP TO 180||ALL SIZES|
Purchasing Individual Board (Not a Complete Foil Kit) - If purchasing an individual board – you will need to individually purchase the foil track hardware or any other required hardware.